PanARMENIAN.Net - The remains of one Nagorno-Karabakh serviceman was recovered on Tuesday, January 19, according to Hunan Tadevosyan, the head of the Department of Information and Public Relations of Karabakh's State Service for Emergency Situations. The body was discovered near Mekhakavan (Jabrayil), Hetq reports.
Since November 13, the Nagorno-Karabakh rescue teams have found the bodies and remains of 1247 soldiers and civilians. Family members and parents of missing soldiers are also participating in the process.
No search operations will be conducted on Wednesday though, Tadevosyan said.
'January 20 is a mourning day in Azerbaijan that's why we have not been allowed to continue the search and rescue operations today,' Tadevosyan said, also citing the adverse weather conditions.
The Armenian Health Ministry said in early January that the bodies or remains of 3,360 servicemen have been examined since the beginning of the war in Nagorno-Karabakh. The names of less than 2000 servicemen killed in hostilities unleashed by Azerbaijan against the Armenians of Karabakh have been published by Defense authorities so far.